Saturday, March 3, 2012

Stayin' Alive with hard & fast CPR

My computer has died (again) and will be gone for the next 2-3 weeks. So, this post will be short and sweet since it is giving me carpal thumb from typing it out on my phone. :0) CPR has recently changed. If someone collapses, you should : #1 ask someone to call 911. #2 push hard & fast in the center of the chest. While there are still times that you might do traditional CPR (30 compressions to 2 breaths) FOR THE MOST PART you would perform hands only CPR. As Vinnie Jones quoted on the UK version of the video, "ya ain't kissin' your girl". The long version is that there is 16% oxygen in their lungs on collapse, and when mouth to mouth is performed we replace it with 13% oxygen (at least that is the explanation my husband, an ER nurse, gave me about it). My favorite part of this video was the way he put his hands through his hair, then pointed to the crowd disco style to find someone to call 911. If nothing else, this spoof video will help you remember what to do :0) Hopefully you will never actually NEED to know this. For more information go to: http://handsonlycpr.org/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment